Thursday, September 25, 2008

Music: Orion - The Hunter

It was when I watched a drama where the actor looking at the clear night sky and pointed to star constellation called Orion that trigger my memory about a rock band with the same name.

Back in 1984, when I was still in high school and as big fans of heavy slow rock (I collected about 20+ cassette tapes of heavy slow rock compilation), there was one song that I like from one of the heavy slow rock compilation called Dark and Stormy which was sang by Orion, a newly formed rock band. Later I went and bought their one and only album, The Hunter. It consists of 9 songs, two of them are heavy slow rock: Dark and Stormy and Joanne. But, their hit song is So You Ran, you can watch its video in YouTube here.

Read from Wikipedia (read it here) and some web articles about this rock band, it was formed out of boredom of ex-Boston band member, Barry Goudreau, together with one of ex-Heart band member. So, it might be the answer why it only produced one album.

Well, actually their album is not bad and the songs quite nice and honestly that time I was waiting for their next album which never happen. But, it's alright... I still can enjoy their songs - a complete album - in Imeem, here.

No comments: