Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Korean Drama: Wedding

Different from typical Korean Drama which exploits fate and destiny, too much and perfect co-incidence, ill one side love, ill characters, intrigues, dirty tricks, cinderella-kind-of-story, and so on, "Wedding" offers a down-to-earth, real and simple story about two persons who met, attracted to each other, then decided to get married, experiencing jealousy, hurts, arguing, just believe in own thinking, perception and point-of-view, selfishness, and secrets.

Nice thing about this drama, it has no ill character (if any, non-intentional), just act as per normal and really depends of the nice storyline, good and meaningful conversations, plus beautiful poem quotes. It really look like J-Drama that I used to watch, rely on strong, interesting, and meaningful conversations plus characters conflicts & interactions. I like this kind of drama because I can compare, reflect, and even learn something from it.

The lead actor/actress, Ryu Shi Won and Jang Nara, fits nicely into the leading role characters. Good choice though.

As usual it has nice theme song, and unusually, it quotes a beautiful poem (I still searching from which book it was quoted and who was the writer, please do let me know if you have information about it...).

Here it is: (as quoted from the drama subtitle)

When the sunlight touches the ground, I miss you
When the shadow of the moonlight slowly climbs up, I miss you
When the dust finally settles down, I'd see you
Meeting in the deep night, I still can see your shadow

When the waves crash, I hear your voice
As everyone falls asleep in the midst of quite forest, I hear your voice
No matter how far, I'd be by your side
You'd be by my side, When the sun sets and the stars shines

Ah... If only you're by my side

3 comments:

Atiqah Bt Haris said...

omg , the poem ! aaaaaaaa, i love it ! :)

Anonymous said...

thank you i am looking for this poem everywhere hehehee

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this beautiful poem.