Saturday, March 05, 2016

Life: My Photography Hobby

I have long interest of photography, started when digital camera gained popularity. My first digital camera was Sony DSC-T300, a compact camera. Then Olympus C-750UZ, an ultra zoom camera, followed by Canon SX30-IS, and finally Fujifilm X10. It was then just a simple hobby, just point and shot photography without thinking of that complicated setting available in the camera, just use Auto mode all the time... he he he.

Sony DSC-T300

Olympus C-750 UZ

Canon SX30-IS

Fujifilm X10


It was only 4 years ago that I started getting serious with this photography hobby. Nikon D7000 was my choice. It is a mid level DSLR camera with APS-C sensor. A very good camera for nature landscape photography which is my main interest. Then my photography travel started and Bali is the first place to visit. I use this DSLR camera for about 2 years and learn about photography more seriously, learn about the basic of photography that I have ignored previously. Well, photography is something that you need to learn from time to time in order for you to be able to take better and better photos.

Nikon D7000

Finally, after gaining more knowledge of photography technics and also more experience by intensive practising, I move to full frame DSLR about two year ago. Still using Nikon brand, it is the entry level full frame, Nikon D610. With two lenses, AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR and AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR, it is enough for my photography interest, Nature Landscape and Travel Photography.

Nikon D610

The main issue of DSLR is its weight. Bring along the camera, the lenses, filters, and tripod is quite challenging due to their weight. Travelling with that heavy equipment surely not that convenience, but the experience of seeing the beauty of nature and the satisfaction of capturing nice photos, surely eliminates that concern.

Mirrorless camera technology is getting matured, they have evolved in a rapid pace to challenge the traditional DSLR camera. In 2 or 3 years down the road, mirrorless will gain even more momentum, especially if full frame sensor has perfectly fit in into mirrorless body and the price getting cheaper. Its lighter weight is one of the main advantage.

It was only last year, I decided to jump into mirrorless camera as well. The release of Fujifilm X-T10, a younger brother of the widely well recognised Fujifilm X-T1, one of the best in its class. I use this camera also as pocket camera to replace my Fujifilm X10.

Fujifilm X-T10

In my next blogs, I will also write about photography related content, some photography basic knowledge, technics, and also photography travels. Stay tuned then... :-)


No comments: