Saturday, April 25, 2009

Life: Facebook, Y!Messenger, and Life Goes On

I didn't write that much in this Blog this year... blame it to Facebook & Y!Messenger... ha ha ha... my daily life full with this addictive social networking activities, thanks to robust and affordable Singapore internet infrastructure.

It was a busy social networking life since last quarter of last year. Since my involvement in Facebook, almost everyday full of surprises met, chatted, shared stories & photos with old friends... my university friends, highschool friends... then even my junior high school and elementary school friends... What a power of social networking!

It is also become my productive period of my poetry writing ever! I'm very happy and delighted with my friends' comments and responses... which in turn make me want to write poetry even more... thanks to those experiences and memories of my 40 years of life...

Since Facebook messenger is not powerful enough, can't even do conference, then Y!Messenger became the needed additional communication tool. In Indonesia, Y!Messenger is more popular than MSN Messenger, so I use it to communicate with my high school friends.

Facebook nowadays has become a must have tool to open the door to old days life. Indonesia has become a major source of growth of Facebook in Asia, it grows so fast... friends to friends... colleagues to colleagues... family members to family members... even BlackBerry become so popular handphone in Indonesia, its sales grows suprisingly 400% last year... which I believe this social networking addiction is one of the affecting factor.

After the busy 6 months of facebooking... it seems that things get cooling... the activities and communications were not as often before... probably some get boring, found it less and less fun, no more story to tell, back to daily life activities, and might also realize how costly their internet cost has become!
I feel that way too... especially since Facebook update its interface and remove the live feed feature which, in my view, one of the most exciting feature of Facebook... it becomes less fun... I really miss monitoring my friends activities where I be able to instantly react and response almost instantly to any interesting development... all now become so static and boring.

Well... here I am... back to my daily life, my pre-facebook activities... yeah... life goes on with or without social networking.

No comments: