Sunday, June 01, 2008

Life: Memory of Living in Choa Chu Kang

I went to Choa Chu Kang's Lot 1 Shoppers' Mall last week with one objective... having lunch in my favorite Japanese food stall there where I haven't been there quite long already, but only to face disappointment. Lot 1 Shoppers' Mall is under renovation and expansion including the basement Food Junction (it moves to 4th floor) and as result, some of the food stall were closed including my favorite food stall, Sumo Japanese Cuisine. It is special for me because it is where I started my appetite on the Japanese sushi & sashimi, especially the raw salmon... so sweet & tasty (even bears like salmon!). Since I am quite particular on food, I order almost the same meal each time I ate there, so they will know automatically what I am going to order... So sad that it is no more there, probably it has been closed quite sometime already... because can't compete with those established Japanese restaurant chains and rising rental. The front stall which sell my favorite bubble tea, nasi lemak, and fried banana, also has not been there anymore...

Five years ago, I live in Choa Chu Kang area, Northvale condo specifically for three years... it was my first time living in condominium in Singapore, thanks to the affordable rental cost at that time due to property downturn. The condo is very near to MRT station, bus station, and mall. So, I enjoy living there so much. Since the mall is just across the street, I can go there anytime to eat, window shopping, watch movie, and visit library.

Well... like people always says, the consistent thing in this world is change, so there it goes. I am not sure whether I will still go to Choa Chu Kang since I have lost the 'link'.

No comments: